For all those that school looks different for this year, we see you and we’re cheering you on every step of the way! We’ve pulled together a curated list of free resources to help with at-home learning. We will add to this list and continue to post on our Instagram Stories as we discover additional amazing resources. You’ve got this!
Free Tutoring and/or Enrichment Classes
- Stepping Stones for Everyone, a free in-person tutoring service for PUSD students hosted in SCCM’s outdoor parking lot
- The Covid NineTEEN Project, a free teen-led activities and one-on-one tutoring meant to support elementary school students
- Khan Academy, a non-profit dedicated to providing free educational courses to learners. Offerings include practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom
- ABC Series by SCCM, a 13-week series dedicated to teaching kids the alphabet through themed activities
- Coloring Without Borders, lessons designed to support you in helping your child develop self-understanding and compassion for others–to become an agent of change–in fun, creative ways
- The Adventures of Bobo: Learning Puppetry, a six-part series guiding kids through puppetry. Produced by Bob Baker Marionette Theater in conjunction with LAUSD’s 2020 Summer of Learning. Includes lesson plans for at-home learning
- Storyline Online®, a collection of read alouds by celebrated actors. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners. Storyline Online is a program of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
Please note that this is a curated list of resources. Unless specified, SCCM is unaffiliated with any of these resources. Please click through to each resource to view most updated information.