Are you interested in joining our team? See below for current openings!
MUSEUM FLOOR TEAM MEMBER
Post Date: April 28, 2020
Part Time/Non-exempt. Compensation commensurates with experience. Immediate start date.
Responsible for greeting and orienting visitors, ensuring safety and security, attending to the care and comfort of visitors, maintaining the form and function of exhibits and props, and providing visitor information and support in a manner designed to ensure that the visitor’s experience at the Museum is a positive one. Weekday and weekend availability required.
This position requires excellent collaboration skills. It requires constant communication with the Guest Services Program Lead other departments, volunteers, interns, and specialty vendors. The applicant must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or human services preferred
- Experience in ECE/education/child development preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Readiness to respond to emergency situations in a calm and comforting manner
- Experience working in a fast paced, high traffic, public environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills both internally and externally
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong attention to detail and ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Orient guests to the Museum, answer questions, and provide general museum information
- Process admissions and memberships
- Work cross departmentally with other Museum employees in order to meet high customer service goals
- Comply with all exhibit policies and procedures
- Provide up-to-date information on Museum programs, events, and activities
- Establish and maintain an environment that provokes creative thinking and behavior amongst our visitors; encourages a mood in the museum that is playful, spontaneous and fun which focuses on exploration and experimentation
- Facilitate individual creative play experiences and collaborations in the exhibits, and in Museum programming for children and adults by interacting with them
- Facilitate activities and assist with birthday parties
- Provide support for special event days
- Deliver group greetings
- Ensure that all public spaces are safe and clean, including removing unsafe objects and broken props from exhibits
- Provide an environment which is physically and emotionally safe for all ages and abilities; removing obstacles to participation
- Execute opening and closing procedures
- Enforce COVID safety protocols (e.g., cleaning exhibits/high-touch areas, ensuring guests are following all safety protocols)
- Assist with creating, and appearing on-screen in, virtual educational content
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume as a Word or PDF attachment firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Museum Floor Team” in the subject line.
Are you a student looking to fulfill community service hours? Do you love working with children or want to learn more about non-profit organizations? Reach out to us to see what volunteer opportunities we have available! Send an email to email@example.com and reference “Volunteer Opportunities” in the subject line.